Terms and Condition
Veriwise Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 09664662 whose registered office is at Level 39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
IN AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED AS PART OF THE REGISTRATION AND ANY CLAIM IS TRUE AND ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL USERS:
- BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. THESE TERMS INCLUDE, IN PARTICULAR, THE FEES AT CLAUSE 8, THE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY IN CLAUSE 12 AND YOUR CONSENT TO UTILISE PERSONAL DATA IN MARKETING MATERIALS IN ACCORDANCE WITH CLAUSE 14.2.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT CLICK THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW AND YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR’S SERVICES.
- What these Terms cover. These are the terms and conditions under which we supply the Veriwise Platform and Service to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these Terms carefully before you register with the Veriwise Platform and submit your Claim. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide our Service to you, how you or we may end the Contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms or you do not accept any of these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Veriwise Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09664644 and our registered office is at Level 39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.
- We are regulated by the FCA. Veriwise Limited is a claims management company directly regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 826387. You can check this information on the Financial Services Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by calling 0300 500 8082.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0203 923 0220 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone, via the Veriwise Platform or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your Claim.
Our Contract with you
- Signing Up. By completing and submitting the online registration form on our website at https://www.veriwise.co.uk, you are entering into a Contract with us under which you may use the Veriwise Platform on the basis of these Terms and under which we may provide the Service to you.
- Your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the usernames and passwords allocated to your Account, and remain fully responsible and liable for all activity that occurs under them. We are entitled to rely and act upon instructions received through your account.
- Termination. You may terminate the Contract at any time in accordance with clause 9.1 below.
- We only provide the Service to users in the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of the Veriwise Platform and Service in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to sign up users in locations outside the UK.
Our rights to make changes to the Veriwise Platform and to these Terms
Minor changes to the Veriwise Platform.
We may make changes to the Veriwise Platform and to these Terms:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not materially adversely affect your use of the Veriwise Platform.
- More significant changes to the Veriwise Platform and to these Terms. In addition, we may make more significant changes to the Veriwise Platform and to these Terms but we will notify you of any such changes in advance.
- Minor changes to the Veriwise Platform. We may make changes to the Veriwise Platform and to these Terms:
Providing the Service
- When we will provide the Service. During the Claim process we will keep you informed when we will provide the Service to you, in accordance with clause 6 below, but we will begin to provide the Service on the date that we accept your Claim, subject to your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2013).
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of Service to you.
We may have to suspend the supply of the Service to:
(a)deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; or
(b)update the Service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or for improvements.
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of Service. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the Service unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the Contract if we suspend it or tell you we are going to suspend it.
- Ownership of the Service. You acknowledge that all rights in the Service and the Veriwise Platform (including any intellectual property rights) shall belong to us and you have no rights in or to the Service other than the right to use the Veriwise Platform in accordance with these Terms.
Your Use of the Veriwise Platform
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not, and will not permit any third party to upload any documents or provide any information that (i) contains any content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise violates any laws, statutes, regulations or codes from time to time in force; (ii) infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party; or (ii) contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, or any other codes, files or programs designed to damage, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not, and will not permit any third party to (i) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas or algorithms of the Services or any software, documentation or data (provided that reverse engineering is prohibited only to the extent such prohibition is not contrary to applicable law); (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or the Veriwise Platform; (iii) permit any third party to access the Services except as permitted herein; (v) or use the Services or the Veriwise Platform other than in accordance with this Contract and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to any European privacy laws, intellectual property, consumer and child protection, obscenity or defamation laws).
- You will promptly notify us in the event of any known or suspected (i) unauthorised access or use of any part of the Services, the Veriwise Platform or any usernames or passwords including loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure thereof or (ii) breach of security.
The Claim Process
- Review of your Claim. We will carefully review and consider the basis and merits of your Claim and will make a decision whether or not to accept it. We may contact you to request further information in order to help us with this decision. If you do not provide the information that we request we reserve the right to reject your Claim and we will notify you of this immediately.
- If we decide not to accept your Claim after review. We will carry out a review of your Claim including the consideration of all the documents that you have submitted in support of your Claim. If we decide that we are unable to accept your Claim for any reason, we will inform you of this in writing and end the Contract.
- Alternative methods of pursuing the Claim. You must tell us if there are any alternative methods to pursing your Claim. For instance, whether you have a contract of insurance available to you or alternatively whether you have made a complaint with the Housing Ombudsman Service.
- If we decide to accept your Claim. If we decide to accept your Claim, we will then notify you in writing. We will provide you with log in details to access your Account on the Veriwise Platform.
- After accepting your Claim. We may require further information from you. If we do so, we will write to you or notify you through the Veriwise Platform. You must provide this information promptly but in any event within a reasonable time.
- Contact with your Landlord By agreeing to these Terms, you are providing your consent for us to contact your Landlord in order to progress your Claim. We will contact your Landlord if we decide to accept your Claim. We will write to your Landlord with details of your Claim and request a response within 14 days. We may send the Landlord details of any information that you have provided us in order to help resolve this Claim.
- Liabilities to the Landlord. You must tell us if you owe any monies to the Landlord, for example if you have outstanding rental payments. If we are successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf, then any outstanding liabilities may be offset against that compensation.
You must tell us if you have:
(a) been declared bankrupt within the last 12 months;
(b) there is a bankruptcy petition pending against you
(c) an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) in place or one waiting to be approved by creditors, or
(d) a debt relief order made against you.In the circumstances above it is a possibility that any compensation paid to might have to be used by you to offset any outstanding debts and therefore you would be liable to pay all of our fees from your own monies depending on the size of the debt.
- If we receive a response from your Landlord. We aim to resolve your Claim with your Landlord as soon as possible and to obtain compensation on your behalf, if the merits of the case warrant it. We will keep you informed of each step that we take and regular updates will be made available to you in your Account which you can access at any time.
- If we are unable to resolve the issue with your Landlord. We may refer your case to a solicitor under a “Conditional Fee Arrangement” based on the provisions of clause 9 below. This is where a solicitor will review your case and decide whether or not further legal action is needed. You will not be charged for this.
If, following a solicitor’s review of your case, it is advised that you take further legal action.We will offer you the following services:
(a) a Disbursement Loan; and/or
(b) After The Event Insurance.
If we are successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf, you will have to pay us 25% of that compensation. By way of example:
Amount recovered for customer: Our fees to be deducted (inc VAT): Amount received by you: £500 £125 £375 £1000 £250 £750 £3000 £750 £2250 £10,000 £2,500 £7,500
- The amount recovered may not be the amount that you have claimed, and where this is the case, we will tell you before accepting the offer.
- If you are liable for any sums to the Landlord (see clause 6.6 above), then we may be obliged to offset any part of your compensation against those sums.
- We will inform you in writing if we do not obtain compensation on your behalf and will give you the reasons why we were not able to do so.
- If we are unable to obtain compensation on your behalf, we will not charge you any fees.
- If we are successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf, you will have to pay us 25% of that compensation. By way of example:
Relationship with referred Solicitors
- Any referral to a firm of solicitors in accordance with clause 7.10 shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this clause 9.
- In making a referral, we will, by means of the Veriwise Platform, present your Claim to a panel of solicitor firms and you hereby consent to the sharing of the details of your Claim accordingly.
- Following presentation of your Claim, and receipt of a proposal from any one member of the panel (“Practice”), we shall, by means of the Veriwise Platform, present the proposal prepared by the Practice (“Recommendation”). You will then, at your election, decide whether to accept the proposal and be put in contact with the Practice in order to instruct the Practice to represent you with respect to the Claim.
- You will be required to contact the Practice directly, should you wish to proceed with the Claim.
- Notwithstanding any Recommendation being made, you are free to select and instruct any firm of solicitors of your choice in continuing a Claim. You are not required to instruct any Practice Recommended by us.
- You are hereby informed of the marketing arrangement between Veriwise and the relevant Practices in that Veriwise shall earn up to 50% of the Profit Costs recovered by the Practice with respect to a Claim.
- We will not market or publicise the services of the Practice outside of a Recommendation as stated above, nor shall we undertake other activities which, if done by a person regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, would be in breach of Standards and Regulations 2019 for solicitor firms.
Your right to end the Contract
- At any time you may end your Contract with us. You must do so in writing, either by email, post or through your Account and we will then confirm when your Account has been closed.
- Where we have accepted a Claim you have the right to cancel our appointment for any reason within 14 days under your rights in the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2013).
- However, if you decide to terminate our appointment within this 14 day period in accordance with 9.2 after we have proceeded with your Claim, you may be liable for any costs reasonably incurred by us during this time in processing your Claim.
Ending the Contract because of something we have done or are going to do.
If you are ending a Contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) below the Contract will end immediately and (if applicable) we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
(a)we have told you about an upcoming change to the Service or these Terms which you do not agree to;
(b)there is a risk that supply of the Service may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(c)we have suspended supply of the Service for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 3 months; or
(d)you have a legal right to end the Contract because of something we have done wrong.
How to end the contract with us (including if you decided to cancel within 14 days)
(a) Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please call our customer services on 0203 923 0220 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of your Claim and, where available, your phone number and email address.
Our rights to end the Contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the Contract for the Service at any time by writing to you if you do not within a reasonable time provide any information that we request from you in order to resolve your Claim. We may also end the Contract if you are in breach of these Terms and we reasonably believe that threatens to cause damage to us, the Veriwise Platform or any other users.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Our liability to you. Subject to the rest of this clause, our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation (whether innocent or negligent), restitution or otherwise arising in connection with these Terms or your use of the Veriwise Platform is limited to £1,000.
How we may use your personal information
Other important terms
- We may transfer this Contract to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this Contract. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the Contract or make any changes to these Terms.
- If a court finds part of this Contract unlawful, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
How to make a complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction you make. This can be done by telephone, email, by letter or on the Veriwise Platform. We will:
(a)acknowledge your complaint within three working days;
(b)send you our final response letter within eight weeks of the date of your complaint (“Final Response Letter”);
- If you have not received our final response within eight weeks, or you are not happy with our Final Response Letter you have the right to make a complaint against us with the Financial Ombudsman Service (see 15.4 below for contact details).
- All complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service must be made within six months of the date of our Final Response Letter or six months from the date the eight week period expired from your original complaint if you have not received our Final Response Letter.
How to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:
(a) For Housing Disrepair Claim complaints, you can visit:
https://cmc.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ to start your complaint online;
(b) For other financial services complaints you can visit:
(c) By telephone on: 0800 023 4567 (their phone lines are open 8am – 5pm on Monday to Friday);
(d) Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and
(e) Write to:An easy read guide to how to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found at: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/10963/consumer_leaflet_easy-read.pdf
Financial Ombudsman Service
- A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction you make. This can be done by telephone, email, by letter or on the Veriwise Platform. We will:
These words have the following meaning in relation to the Terms.
“Account” means your account on the Veriwise Platform which you will have access to if we accept your Claim.
“After the Event Insurance” is insurance that covers the legal costs and expenses involved in litigation.
“Claim(s)” means a claim for housing disrepair that you submit under the Veriwise platform.
“Contract” means the contract between you and us on acceptance of these Terms.
“Conditional Fee Arrangement” is an agreement with a solicitor who will only charge a fee if a claim is successful.
“Disbursement Loan” is a loan we might advise you to take to pay any upfront legal fees. No repayments are due unless the amount of the loan is actually used in pursuing your Claim.
“FCA” means the Financial Conduct Authority.
“Fees” means the fees as set out in clause 7 that we will charge if we are successful in obtaining compensation on your behalf.
“Landlord” means your landlord of the property that you rent, or a third party representing your landlord.
"Profit Costs" any success fees earned by the Practice (as defined in clause 9) and the costs of the solicitor's time billed with respect to a Claim with VAT applied to it.
“Service” means the provision of claims management activities that we may provide to you.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions, and any other terms which we may give you notice of, which govern the use of the Veriwise Platform and the provision of the Service to you.
“Veriwise Platform” means the platform at www.veriwise.co.uk on which you may create an Account and submit a Claim.